Thursday, January 28, 2010



Soooooo, hasn't it been an eventful week in the Blackwell household!! On last Tuesday (Australia Day) we acquired a new member of our family, a 6-week old English Staffy/Beagle cross named Chai. She is very cute, as you can see from the attached pic (of which there will be many more to follow - the girls will make sure of that!) As I think you all know, I was the holdout on the dog for many reasons, both practical and emotional. It hasn't been an easy few days for me, but when I see the girls with the pup, I can't say that I regret getting her. We'll keep you posted!


Emily started Year 9 on Thursday, and was eager as ever to get back to school. She has a great timetable, "awesome" teachers, and is into the whole school thing wholeheartedly. Rachael is a bit more reluctant, but grasps the significance of starting her last year of compulsory schooling. She informed me yesterday that she only has 110 days left of school! Her timetable is not so great, but everything else seems "okay", and we hope she will take advantage of all the oportunities that being a senior has to offer!

Ken seemed to get back into the flow of work easily - I wonder if it will be the same for me?! I'll know more next Tuesday!
That's it from the underside of the world for now - be in touch! Love to all, Elli

No comments:

Post a Comment