Friday, March 11, 2011

Back to school

Hello!

I thought I'd announce that after some consideration and then some reconsideration and then some re-reconsideration, I have decided to start university this year. I'm studying Social Work at Queensland Institute of Technology or QUT and enjoying it. I've been there for two weeks and its a lot of fun. I am taking three classes in order to be classified as full time and they are; Introduction to Human Services and Social Work, Introduction to Human Rights and Ethics and The Human Condition. I have one two hour lecture each week for each subject as well as a one hour tutorial per class.
So far the lectures have been general information and outlines. However I know I will be doing a literature review of articles written about the Queensland floods and the help and humanity shown by people in Queensland during that time for my 'The Human Condition Class"
For Intro. to Human Rights and Ethics I will be doing a group assignment on women's rights (not my first choice, but I'm sure it will be interesting) I'm not sure about the assessment for my third subject but I'm sure I'll find out before long!

I'm glad I decided to start this year, it's a big commitment but my contact time with the University is only spread across three days, leaving me two days to work, and two days of free/(soon to be) study time. I'm more interested in doing psychology, and am in the process of looking to changing asap! I don't know what the requirements are at this stage, I may have to do a semester, or a year I'm not sure, but hopefully I'll be able to slide into a psych degree quickly and hassle free.

That's all for now. I'm going to go back to my book, which I am quite enjoying! House Rules, by Jodi Picoult. It's about a boy with Asperges accused of murder... I don't know if falsely yet!
Have fun in NH Babbo and Yia-Yia I'm incredibly jealous and say Hi to Anne Sayce for me!

-Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment