Friday, December 9, 2011

Aussie thanks

Most Australians would probably have heard of Thanksgiving but whether they really understand what it's all about...well, that's another story. We (Australians) don't celebrate anything like Thanksgiving - let's face it, we were a bunch of criminals dragged down here as punshiment! After reading Rico's blog, I got to thinking about all the things I'm thankful for:

I'm thankful and very lucky that I'm married to Elli for so many reasons: I have first-hand, precise and exact information on all things American. Having just had my long-awaited (almost 18 months) hernia operation I'm thankful for our public health system. Fortunately I wasn't in a lot of pain waiting, and I'm now in the care of a fully-qualified carer who just happens to be my wife!! How lucky is that? All puns aside, Elli is the best thing that ever happened to me and I am so thankful that she is my wife.
I'm thankful for a rainwater tank that has been full more than it's been empty...more than full (is that possible)?
I'm thankful for lots of sunshine on our solar panel system which is now generating enough power that we don't have to pay (our power company actually pays us!!!)


I'm thankful for our bird bath and our native trees that attract birds to come and eat, drink, bathe and be merry almost in touching distance.
 
I'm thankful for our chooks who take care of unwanted food waste and then give us a good supply of fresh eggs in return,

Elli, Rachael and I had a nice visit with my dad recently which I'm extremely thankful for as he lives such a long way from us. He was in good spirits and even managed a few laughs.
It's pretty good here Downunder in the "Lucky Country" and I'm very thankful for my family and my situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment