Monday, July 9, 2012

New Zealand Ski Trip

Well hello everyone.
As an unusual surprise, it's Emily making my first post here. About time, right? Well after a few incessant reminders from mum, I've finally sat down to post about the Ski Trip I just arrived home from. It lasted a week and myself and 30 others stayed in Wanaka, New Zealand. The town was relatively small and the people were lovely. The small amount of time we spent there and not on the mountain, however, was usually used for sleep and meals. The group was pretty flat out during our stay but it was definitely worth it.
Photobucket
I'm the one with the neon green/yellow ski goggles, second to the right in the first row

Cardrona was where the real action was taking place. We normally left early in the morning (around 7) and left the ski fields at 4 for full days of skiing and in my case, boarding. I managed to get a few photos as proof that I was there, and luckily I had enough memory on my multiple SD cards. 
Photobucket
Again, look for the fluro coloured goggles. 

The weather conditions were consistently ideal for each activity. It was freezing cold but I was wearing enough layers and was having too much fun to notice. Especially on the Wednesday when we spent the day in Queenstown after Jetboating in the morning. The view over the town from where we ate was amazing and luckily I got a photo on the gondola up the mountain.

Photobucket
I'm on the left in the front (which was the best seat since I got soaked every time the driver did a 360)
Photobucket
The view of Queenstown from our Gondola cart

All in all, it was a great trip and I can't wait until I get the chance to snowboard again some time.
Photobucket
Me on the Green run, McDougall's 

1 comment:

  1. Emily I think that bottom photo ought to be your facebook profile picture! Its terrifying!
    -Rachael

    ReplyDelete