Saturday, April 2, 2011

Autumn Downunder

As Rachael pointed out it's autumn here, and the nights are definitely getting cooler. This morning I put the doona on our bed for the first time in several months. I have been waiting for news to post, but since it is not forthcoming, I thought I should post a "no-news" blog so you won't all think we've fallen off the bottom of the planet! When I say there's no news that's not entirely true - there just hasn't been any "newsworthy" news! The weather has settled down, the veggies are growing in the garden, Chai is maturing and enjoying her daily walks, the girls are both happy at school, and Ken and I are working and doing the daily house-maintenance routines and enjoying the cooler weather. I had a nice, quiet birthday (I had to work, but was finished by 2pm and enjoyed a book and cup of tea in my empty house!), and we had a family dinner at our favourite pizza place. Came home to a cake that Rachael had made :) We are planning a family outing this afternoon with Chai to the beach, and no doubt we will stop on the way home for an ice-cream. Ah, the simple joys of life...!

No comments:

Post a Comment