Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What a shame! and a Mass to reflect on.

What a terrible thing to have happen in Wavell heights. Is there any more information about who and why? It was such a pleasant school to visit and we too have many good memories. I hope they can rebuild. So many senseless actions are taken every day and we have been blessed that so few have directly impacted our lives.

On another and very sensible level I had a lower right molar removed yesterday. The tooth had been giving trouble for several years and this was the right decision. It went quickly - 15 minutes in the chair - and I have had very little pain. In fact, Mom and I went by bus to Denver last night for a concert that included most of the members of the CU Music School.. They performed Leonard Bernstein's Mass. It was written for the opening of the Kennedy Center in about 1971. I saw it performed in Philadelphia - its second presentation - and it has stuck in my head ever since. I could hum much of the music last night. It was just as moving and memorable this time. The Music School did a super job. I strongly recommend the piece if you ever have an opportunity to see it.

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment