Monday, February 15, 2010

From the land of amazing skiiers...! I don't even know what happened, except someone who spends about 4 months a year here has won something big at the Olympics!! I haven't had time to watch, although I really want to. It's not on TV until about 10pm, and by then I have to go to bed!! This RIDICULOUSLY hot and humid weather stuffs me around (not that I'm complaining...)! Getting back to the skiier - the news for the last 24 hours here is unfortunately all about a schoolyard stabbing at the school where the children of my friends Yvonne and Karen go - a private Catholic boys school just up the road in Sandgate. A 12-year-old boy was killed by a classmate - it's taken up all the media's attention. Needless to say I gave the girls extra big goodbye kisses this morning. It's shocking to think that they could go off to school and you'd never see them again... Give all your babies kisses from us, too.

Belated Valentines's love from us, maybe better known in the future as the day that Dick Francis died?! Loved your poem, Rico - I'm not a teacher, but I couldn't agree more. XOXO Elli

No comments:

Post a Comment