Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hi - Don't know how I ended up posting two copies of the reviews. Thought some might be interested in what I've read recently that have a geoploitical bent. Both interesting books and rather nice to be able to writre about them for publication among a few fellow UN followers.

I'm taking a course on Music Appreciation and it is fascinating - a whole new approach. Rather than listen to and analyze a piece of music we concentrate on the various aspects that make music, music. We are on melody at the moment and listening to Gregorian Chants plus in today's class, Native American pow-pow music and religious chants such as the snake dance and SE Asian/Indian music. Today he introduced the Raga and is it complicated but with many of the same elements as Gregorian chants. It is sure a new approach and I like it - hearing things I've never heard before.

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment