Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hi-

Rico here- I'm taking advantage of a gray long weekend to catch up. Glad to hear Drew's 50th was such a great success! Sounds like a blast! Did Matt get back to school before the blizzards, and how much snow did everyone get? We're bracing for another little blast of winter- it's inspired me to write a little love poem:


February is gray,

and this much is true;

I hate Valentine's Day,

but I love you.


I think spending any time in an elementary school will soon turn you into a Valentine's grinch.

Anyway, I survived the VD parties and sad kids who didn't get enough valentines and had too much sugar, and now I'm babysittting a tank full of lizards for the long weekend- big hit with our kids!


Alden's birthday was sweet with big cupcakes and a red retro kitchen where she can bake cookies.
The Haiti fundraisers at Mesa wound up with the proceeds from "The Pony Express" kindergarten valentines delivery service. All told, we hit $10,000 just about exactly- absolutely incredible for a school with 360 kids! I'm going to experiment with trying to post a video of the the fundraisers- we'll see if it works!
OK- it didn't work, so check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yYQvyjk5qY
Let's hope that works...
Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment