Saturday, July 3, 2010

HAPPY FOURTH!

Greetings to all, and may the big American weekend be fun and not TOO noisy! We are planning a quiet time, mostly taken with scrambling to catch all the sports---soccer quarter finals, Wimbledon finals, and start of the Tour. The young Kelloggs are off to Durango for a week, as soon as Dad and Boden return from pottery class in about half an hour. Dad and I went to a creative and moving production of King Lear last night done in the outdoor theater by the Colorado Shakespeare Company. It was set, very successfully, in the Rocky Mountains in late 1800's, with Lear as a power-broker head of an oil-producing dynasty. As the play moved toward its climax on the stormy heath, ravaged by thunder and lightning, our skies clouded over and rain began to fall lightly, with distant flashes and rumblings---this was an audience in double suspense! Mercifully, we did not get soaked, a luckier finale than poor Lear's! It is a very grim play---thought -provoking and dealing with some timeless human issues.
As my eyes are settling down and learning how to see differently, my skin is claiming attention---lots of old sunbathing bad habits dues to be paid. I had a squamous cell removed from my right shin which will take a long time to heal, and some others are possible, but results have not yet come back from their biopsies. Since I must limit sun exposure, I am spending time in the TV room, and think I will head there right now to see how Spain will handle Paraguay. Julie, did you root for Argentina or Germany?? I too thought that the young new Germans were very impressive. Well, that's it for now---Lots of love to you all, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment