Monday, July 5, 2010






The shift from photos to words was very inspiring. Both Mom and Rico captured the essence of summer as we shift to the downward spiral of the fireworks and their fading into darkness. However, the next season with its own joys and wonders flickers on the horizon. I, too, appreciate the sharing of creativity and thoughtfulness. It is quite a family I belong to. Thank you all for making it so in your varied and amazing ways.

We had quite a 4th last night. We had decided to stay home and watch fireworks on TV. I'm glad we did as nature took over about 6 with her own fireworks accompanied by an inch of rain. The day had been cloudy with some patches of sun so the picnic in the local park went undisturbed but Folsom Field fireworks were damp. Boston's fireworks were spectacular on TV, but the music left much to be desired from my point of view. The Pops are too pop for my taste which, pehaps unfortunately, does not include singers who lack enunciation and songs whose words I can't understand. Whatever happened to the 1812 Overture and the cannons - maybe they have all been sent to Afghanistan.

In a happier mood, I have been planning to put together some artsy photos from the cruise. Its been two months since we were taking them. They have been appearing on the screen saver so I've had a chance to pick and choose as the cruise unwinds on the small screen. Hope you all enjoy them.

Dad
























































































No comments:

Post a Comment