Monday, September 20, 2010

September Challenge

Love the bocce in PJ's shot- it's a good look! Wish I could've been there to see the Fishbait carnage- kudos to the brave souls who ventured out! This month has been undeniably weird with the fires and the school schedule. We just had 5 days without the kids at school; two assessment days followed by a weekend and then a professional day today. I have my students for one day this week and then it's off to outdoor ed. I don't know the full rationale behind bringing the kids back to school in the middle of August and then giving them 5 days off in the middle of September, but as a parent, it's a little irritating!

Reid's adjusting nicely to middle school. He's getting his little booty kicked by Spanish, but doing great in his other classes. He's found a passion in the bike club and he's making a lot of friends who aren't affluent, white Boulder kids. Boden is loving having the same 1st grade teacher that Reid did, and he's reading like a little bibliophile. Alden is living the princess life and just being the generally precocious 3rd child center of attention that she sees as her birthright (being adorable helps!)
I absolutely love my class this year, and I'm not just saying that because it's early in the year- I think that I can tell after 5 years.

There's the short update- I'm going to make a non-binding resolution to try to post a weekly blog entry this year. I invite you all to accept the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment