Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dad's response on the living room

I'd paint the outside wall white to make the room larger - the white you find in the delft tiles around the fireplace. Then, if you don't want a light white/rose (which is my first chice for the whole room) I'd pick a blue that isn't too dark but picks up the blue in the rug or the blue in the tiles. In other words, I'd emphasize the tile as my first approach - it is a permanet part of the room as are the walls.

I'd be careful not to go too strong in the living room. The library makes a statement and the bathroom is another strong color. The pale blue in the hall might be too cold - the room is nice with the sun, but it can also be on the cool side so don't emphasize that spectrum. There are so many whites that you could find one that is a light/white? version of a rug color if you want to build around the rug. Either tiles or rug should be the cue.

One opinion! I'll be interested in hearing the result. Other views?

No comments:

Post a Comment