Monday, December 20, 2010

Responses

Lots of news in the recent postings. I admire the beards on Boden and Reid - much better copies of Santa's than mine. I took a couple of photos today of our tree - quite a contrast to last year's large and beautiful live one but still very bright and cheerful - and the new deck whose final touches - two steps - are being added tomorrow. Unfortunately, we have misplaced the cord that lets us just move a couple of photos to the computer - what we have to do is move over the 150 pictures we have on the memory stick and we already have them on and edited thanks to the Aussie computer. We'll get some photos on soon of activities at our place.

We're pleased with Rachael's OP. Australia has a distinctive approach to college admissions and it applies a lot of pressure - now it continues until January when the colleges act on the applications. Even with that continued pressure, it must be nice to know you have earned a level of achievemnt that meets the collge requirements for admission to courses you want. If I can find it, I'll put onto this blog a photo of the University of Queensland we took when touring in November with Rachael and Elli. It has a beautiful setting. ( Can't find it, in fact, can't find any of the Aussie trip photos I thought I had on the computer - guess that sets me up with something to do tomorrow.)

I like the blue mantel. It makes a nice focus. It will be interesting to see how it wears. The combination of warm walls and cool fireplace is appealing. Hope it works - amazed at how fast the transition from brown to blue went.

We have a rather quiet few days coming - at least there is little on the calendar. I'm sure we will be filling it up. I'd like to ski again this week but I just heard the weather report for the mountains - four feet of snow between now and Tuesday night with six feet in some places. I may have to wait until it gets packed down. Will be interesting to see what Eldora gets. None is predicted for here.

No comments:

Post a Comment