Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Big Fat Eightyth Birthday














































Elli went home yesterday, and my birthday celebration seems like it has now come to an end. What a wonderful and magical two weeks! Magical to have had all three children here together with us, and wonderful to have had so many adventures, both on foot and in conversation. I hope the photos remind you of some of these adventures. I intend to make an album from the combined pool of photos---meanwhile enjoy them all (from all three kids) on line.

My biggest thank you goes to my amazing husband, who secretly planned planned and arranged and executed everything down to the last detail, although even he could not arrange the weather (cold rainy days for Elli's last week). You guys are all super secret-keepers---have you thought of jobs with the CIA?? I appreciate the time and work you took to come, and I also bless all spouses and children for letting you go. You have earned big brownie points with Yia-Yia!

Now that life is settling down again, one thing is really different. Every day at breakfast I read a sweet wish from someone in my family. Sometimes I can guess the wisher, sometimes not. But every time my heart says thank you to one and all for keeping me so close to you. I love you all, you birthday co-conspiritors! Mom, Mum, Ann,Yia-Yia

No comments:

Post a Comment