Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Puppy Love?


I tried to post this two nights ago, but our internet went out and we just got it fixed- good thing I saved! 

Well, I know it sounds a little like throwing caution to the winds, but we're shopping for puppies. Boden has a new therapist, and she's got a couple of Bichon Frises, and after talking with her and seeing him with her dogs, it seems clear that this could be a really positive thing for his anxiety. We're hoping to add to the clan at the end of March- if it happens, and it's more of a 'when' than an 'if', there's sure to be lots of photos posted soon. Here's one possibility:
I'm tough to resist- I look just like a stuffed animal!

We're looking at little dogs and 'doodles', and we're going to visit a couple on Friday afternoon. I think we should get a doodle and name it Queso- get it?

On other fronts:
Reid's b-ball team lost in the finals AGAIN. This is getting very old. He had the last shot of the season- a perfect three, nothing but net with seconds left, but sadly it wasn't enough. He's off at a Nuggets game with Kate and his Gold Crown team right now and he's got some serious b-ball fever now. I'm working on installing an in-ground hoop in the driveway now. Of course, Mt. bike racing (yes, racing for Reid) season is right around the corner- we went to the bike park yesterday because the conditions have been ugly at Eldora.
My new desktop background courtesy of Alden
Alden is pursuing the same creative venues as her grandmother and is continuing to sing every song she hears after hearing it once. Lots of entertainment there!


Boden has started guitar lessons and is working hard on his practicing and really likes his teacher. It's been fun to hear him strumming away at "Skip to my Lou". He's been loving school so much and really working hard on his math and reading. It's great to hear him say that the subject he's struggling most in (math) is his favorite.



The boys and I went to see the Harlem Globetrotters this weekend- what a blast! Lots of good showmanship- Boden thought they were playing a real game! I guess suspension of disbelief always makes for good entertainment. The Republican candidates must have learned that lesson.

I hope everyone's well, and sorry for the lapse between posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment