Sunday, April 29, 2012

Epic Fails and Tulip Fairies

This weekend was the annual Tulip Fairy and Elf parade on the Pearl Street Mall, and Alden made an appearance and got her face specially painted for the event. We tried to get Reid to dress up and join us, but he wouldn't go for it.
        We couldn't convince him to wear the green unitard and the fairy wings


On Friday night, we went for our usual visit to the bike park and I was having a great night, riding a few features that I hadn't had the guts to tackle yet. Well, you can guess where this is going... long story short; the lesson I took away from the evening is that I should listen to my son's advice ("Don't do it dad, it's too windy!) and don't try the large slopestyle features if it's a windy day- a guy like me is big enough to get blown around like a huge kite. I've spent a lot of the weekend changing bandages, but there was no bone or joint damage, so I'm actually counting my blessings!
5 major skin loss areas and Reid's word's of sympathy were,"You totally ate crap, Dad!"
Saturday was the annual Tulip Fairy and Elf parade down on the Pearl Street mall, so that was a no-brainer for what to do with Alden in the afternoon. She stood in line for a short eternity to get her face painted, and she looked beautiful for that afternoon, but today it sadly looked like she gotten a black eye. Both of us were getting some looks around town today!
Face painting at the Tulip Fairy and Elf Parade
The finished artwork
Who's that hairy dude behind you, Alden?
80's Boden- mid haircut

No comments:

Post a Comment