Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes!

 
We had a little snow on the Monday before my birthday, and it got every thing growing and greening up- it was very nice. Queso got really fired up by the snow- it was a dramatic change from her lethargy in the hot weather.


 On my birthday, we did something that I've been wanting to for ages- we had a good old fashioned parking lot tailgate grilling at Eldora. The snow is going fast, but the weather was gorgeous and the burgers were yummy- good times!
Tailgate grilling at Eldora for my birthday
"I forgot my ski pants, so I'm skiing in shorts- good thing it's so warm!"
 We had a really nice family dinner at a sushi restaurant for the b-day dinner. We got a private tea room because we had good timing- the kids had a great time shooting edamame all over and worshipping the buddha.
Sushi Zen
Easter morning shenanigans
 The Easter bunny came through again and got the kids all sugared up nice and early, so we got out to take Queso for her first hike. She did great and only got distracted by a few cow pies. The kids had a great time, too because we had gorgeous weather, a flat trail and lots of fun distractions.
Queso's continuing to be a good girl
Two thumbs-up for the Easter hike


perfect hiking attire: Easter dress, hiking boots with leopard covers, sun hat, binoculars, stuffy and harmonica
 Babbo and Yia-yia hosted a very nice and mellow Easter dinner barbecue in their back yard to round out the weekend, and I have to say it was a really nice ending to a great birthday weekend. Thanks for the wishes and the great vintage photos- it was a blast to see them! (nice pants, Elli- I will always remember you as the striped pants queen!)
Trunk confab at Babbo & Yia-Yia's

No comments:

Post a Comment