Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Busy Day


I'm working on the walking to get ready for exploring sites in Greece on the cruise. (We hope the dust will settle before our flight date!) I walked to the hospital this afternoon then bused to town for a Brazilian music concert at the library -lots of interesting rhythms - then stumbled on the Nepal New Year celebration in the park. Finally headed to CU, in part by bus, for Japan Day put on by the CU students from Japan. It was great. Food, games, and a tea ceremony celebration in which I was one of the two guests on the stage. I enjoyed it very much and if you ever have a chance to participate, please do. There was a lot of zen type aspects to it and it all made a lot of sense as a part of the showing of respect to the past and to others. I also went to a half hour japanese flower arrangement session which was very simple but instructive. I had met the student leader of the Japan Society and he had invited me to the celebration. Quite an involved day.


Yesterday we took Boden to the carousel in Nederland - almost set to open - and then swimming. It is a breeze washing his hair now!


I'm going to try to attach several photos that I digitalized for Rachael as part of her recent art project - hope you enjoy them. LATER Can't find them at the moment but did locate this PHOTO taken at the library at a concert in March. There were stations about the building where you could play different instruments glasses for the two of us but various percussion items were there. This was a favorite. Photo taken by the library staff. Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment