Friday, April 2, 2010

May Cruise

After waiting for elderhostel to find us a place on their cruise, we contacted the company that is doing it and signed up with them. It is a little less money but not as attractive a stateroom. We hope we'll be spending little time in it! We leave here on May 3rd at 5:59 on Lufthansa to Frankfurt ( I don't think there is a stop but we may land in Chicago or NYC) and we return to NYC on May 18th. We'll then spend a few days with the Coburns leaving there at about 6 p.m. direct to Denver on Saturday the 22nd. I'm exccited. The itinerary includes a day in Athens incld the Acropolis and I look forward to seeing the new museum there. We stop at Mycenae, Knossos - playing Theseus with the girls there is a big memory for me!, Santorini, where I really look forward to seeing the new excavations, Rhodes, which I could skip, a few islands including Mykonos and Delos, and Troy, Gallipoli, and Istanbul all of which will be new. I think this will be a good test of continued traveling for us - a long flight but no long bus rides. We'll see.

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment