Sunday, January 2, 2011

Art Hanging


Happy New Year!
On January 1, Dad, Rico, Boden and I went to a local coffeehouse with six of my abstract watercolors, and hung them on the walls. Rico, who knows how to do these things, was invaluable---measuring, wiring, taping, etc. etc. with great efficiency. Dad and I handed him his tools as needed, and eyeballed for straight lines. Boden worked with sticky tape, and managed the tape measure, and sipped his free drink with great relish. We made a grand work crew!
After an hour of climbing on and off of chairs, trying to avoid paying customers, and developing serious cases of the "squints", we were done. The paintings will stay up until the end of the month, and are available for sale. I came home, and in a fit of shameless self-marketing, wrote notes to all the people I could think of who might be potential buyers, alerting them to their big chance in January! We'll see---
I wish the order of the photos here was a little more coherent, but then, I consider myself lucky to have any photos at all. Maybe a new years resolution will be to work on blog composition!














No comments:

Post a Comment