Tuesday, January 11, 2011

FLOOD DAY!

Well here's my first post on the blog, thanks to a Flood Day! Can you believe it? My boss phoned me this morning and told me not to bother going into work. I've heard Julie and Rico talk about snow days and never really understood what that would be like. Now I have a bit of an idea. I've had my first Flood Day! So, what does one do on a flood day? Well, I'm helping Rachael shift rooms. I'm going to need a Back Day to recover!

Getting back to the flood, Elli has probably already mentioned it, but if you go to www.couriermail.com.au you'll see why we're having a Flood Day. My work premises is right on the Brisbane river, so there's a pretty good chance we'll have a lot of cleaning up to do when the flood subsides. It wasn't that long ago the authorities here were talking about the possibility of us all having to drink treated effluent because of the drought. Talk about a change in the weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment