Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hello, it is Rachael! Woo!!
I am incredibly jealous of all the cold weather you all are experiencing. Brisbane is not too bad at the moment, despite the humidity. However, it is nice to have the sunshine back! North Queensland has just recovered from floods and is bracing itself for a massive cyclone to hit sometime in the next day or two. Yasi is enormous and both the hospitals in Cairns have been evacuated down to Brisbane. Crazy stuff!
I have been job hunting for a few months now with little success however I have an interview tomorrow at a supermarket near the airport! Hopefully I'll get the job and get to meet some interesting tourists as I pack groceries! Tomorrow is also the second major offer round for the university courses I've applied to. Fingers crossed I am accepted in UQ (University of Queensland) for either a bachelor of social sciences or a bachelor of arts!
I am enjoying my holiday time, if accepted into uni I have another month left before I restart school. I spent a couple nights with my boyfriend and his family on the Gold Coast a week ago. Luckily I didn't get too sunburnt! We visited Dreamworld the themepark which was fun even though my shoulders got a little pink. Otherwise, I've been filling my time with successully learning how to use the washing machine! My first independant load of washing is waiting to be folded!
I'm very excited about tomorrow and I'll be sure to keep everyone updated!

Love Rachael!

P.s I might update the Kellogg Blog's colour scheme if I can find the button again!

No comments:

Post a Comment