Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Regarding Books, School, and - of course - the weather!

All of Dad's recent reads sound intriguing and make me feel like I should be tackling something more challenging than Anita Shreve! I have been gobbling up her most recent novel Rescue, and before that I read Alexander McCall Smith's latest addition to his "Sunday Philosophy Club" series The Charming Quirks of Others. I've enjoyed both. Rachael, Ken and I are the latest family members to get hooked on "The Week", which I find contains just the right amount of information on a great variety of news stories. Anyone else read a good book lately?

Rachael has had a week of good and bad news: she has a job at the Woolworths supermarket near the airport (yeah! money!!), but missed out on an offer from the University of Queensland. We'll be having a family brainstorming session this weekend to try and come up with a "next step" for her that everyone's happy with - wish us luck!

Emily has started Grade 10 and is happy as ever to be back to the challenge of a new year. She has good teachers, a MacBook (courtesy of the school), and an improved attitude towards her committments. Time will tell...

Loved the photo of Sarah's reflective head - would love to see it "in person"! I'm sure it is breathtaking. And I loved the photo of Boden on his "cool" day - it looks so wintry you can FEEL the cold (which is nice when it's 37C and 85% humidity outside!!) See - I just can't help but mention the weather!! Love to all, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DREW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment