Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Back to Fruita

We loved seeing the pictures of Rachael's fun and festive European voyages. Toga parties and parasailing? Sign me up!!




We just got back from another october mt. biking trip to Fruita, and I got a new sticker for my bike tool kit. It was originally intended to be a big full-family camping experience, but people kept dropping out due to the busy-ness of this time of year, so that the only remaining family were Boden and me. He had a couple of 2nd grade buddies who went along with their families, so it was a perfect set-up and good father-son bonding time for the two of us.
 I walked away relatively unscathed from an epic crash where I landed on my ass going way too fast for a trail I didn't know well (lesson learned!) and everyone else had a great time and did a lot of riding. Boden couldn't even get off his bike after we got back to the campsite- he just kept riding around in circles and making jumps by laying the camp chairs over the firewood pile. The weather couldn't have been better- high of 70 and clear, chilly nights that were great for campfires. We're expecting the first significant snow tonight (6-9 inches!) so these Indian Summer memories are going to feel very far away soon.

I dealt with a project that I've been sitting on for too long last night. Jenny gave Reid a seaplane tour of Great Pond in Maine for his 12th birthday, and I got to go along and do some filming. I messed around with some of the new iMovie templates and made this in about 10 minutes. Coming soon to a theater near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment