Thursday, October 13, 2011

Coming Back!

I don't really have a good explanation for my absence from blog postings, but my falling off seemed to coincide with the beginning of summer break. I have to say that this past summer was one of the most fulfilling in my memory. When I came back to work this fall, my pat response to every query about my break was "I feel like I made the best use of my time because I spent as much time as I could with my kids." There was a lot of biking, swimming, geocaching, camping, playing in the yard and treehouse building, as well as the always-anticipated trip back to Connecticut and Maine. It was a wonderful time of memory- making for us all.

Recently, I feel like I've reached a technological watershed moment in my life and, weirdly, it's coincided with the passing of Steve Jobs. I got a new MacBook from my school and Kate switched our wireless carrier to get a good deal and set us up with iPhones. I feel like it's opened up a whole new world, and it's given me a profound appreciation of SJ's contributions to the world. I think it's going to inspire a whole new level of blogging for me for the school year. (Hold me to it!)

At any rate, the cool new camera on my iPhone, Reid's GoPro camera (he got it for his birthday) and Kate's camera should provide a lot of fun visuals for us to contribute. So without further delay, I'll start loading the imagery- first up is a few links to mt. biking videos that Reid and I have posted on Youtube:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rw3HSjk7IU


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt8rapOwt3Y

And here's a buffet of photos from the summer


No comments:

Post a Comment