Friday, October 14, 2011

Great Photos

Kudos to Rico for the quality of his photos - they are sharp and capture the kids very well.

I am afraid I can't report being in his technology phase but I do admire what Steve Jobs did.  He is such a role model of what an entrepreneur can be compared to the Wall St. financial wizards who have produced nothing in recent years to benefit us all.  I may join a Wall St Rally!  To  illustrate my technology level, , I can't view all of  Rico's posted videos.  When I click the middle one I get a page  from Office Outlook Web Access that asks me to sign in with a password and I have no idea what Office Outlook is or how I sign up - certainly don't have a password.  I copied the address for the Magnolia Drive video and after long loading, got to see half of it.  It is again great and the colors and details of the trail give us a deep feeling for what biking there must be like.  However, we only got 3 minutes of the almost 8 downloaded.  We let the computer sit for an hour, the wheel turned, but no more content showed.  If we have to buy a new computer every year, I am sure it is good for the economy as a whole, but not for individual's pocketbooks.    On the brighter side, we are mastering our new cell phone, I even took a photo today but don't know what to do with it as the guidebook has nothing on picture taking but it was fun to do.  Also, Mom is mastering her new camera.  We'll see what photos we can produce.

I hope to post some photos of our trip Wednesday to Rocky Mt. National Park.  It was a beautiful, cloudless, warm day.  We left a little before 4 and got there at 5.  We saw six herds of elk and finally, about 6, heard our first bugling and saw some action among a few young bucks.  It was all we could hope for in a viewing.  The aspen still had yellow leaves and there was snow on the peaks above moraine park.  I'm so glad we went, partly due to Reid's saying he has seen and heard elk the on  Monday when on a school trip up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment